January 22, 2020 Dinner Meeting
Date: Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Time: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
Location: Ramada Inn - Kent
Speaker: Mehrdad Ghassemieh
Dinner:Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Garden Vegetables, Rolls, and Dessert
Topic: Maximizing Retirement and Estate Planning with the IC-DISC
Mehrdad joined Harlowe & Falk as a partner in 2013. Prior to Harlowe & Falk, Mehrdad practiced in the international corporate tax department of KPMG LLP, where he served as adviser to multiple multinational companies, including large partnerships, corporations and Fortune 500 entities.
Mehrdad’s practice includes assisting companies of all sizes, in all business and tax matters. This includes advising closely held businesses to establish new business entities, advising on regulatory and tax matters, succession planning, and tax efficient planning for purchases or sales of existing businesses.
Mehrdad also provides tax consulting services to clients with international operations. His clients include both U.S.–based companies that have expanded abroad and foreign companies with U.S. ties. He also consults with U.S.–based exporting companies to determine whether they qualify for IC–DISC tax incentive benefits, and assists in both implementation and maintenance of IC–DISC structures.
Mehrdad is an adjunct professor at the University of Washington School of Law, where he teaches a class in international taxation planning in the law school’s masters in tax program. He is also an adjunct professor at Golden Gate University, in the Masters in Tax Program.
• University of Washington School of Law (LL.M. in Taxation),
• Gonzaga University School of Law (J.D.) (magna cum laude)
• University of Washington Foster School of Business (B.A.)
Affiliations, Publications, and Honors:
• Adjunct Professor, University of Washington School of Law
• Adjunct Professor, Golden Gate University Masters in Tax Program
• Member, Washington State District Export Council
• CLE Committee Member, Washington State Bar Association
• Member, Washington State Bar Association: Tax Section, International Practice Section, & Business Law Section
• Advisor to the Iranian American Community Alliance (“IACA”)
See Upcoming Event Calendar